Structure of the MA Degree Program
The curriculum is divided into six modules. An additional concluding module is reserved for the master’s thesis and accompanying colloquium. The six modules containing the course offerings (lecture courses, research seminars, Lektürekurse, etc.) are:
- History of Modernization Processes in South and Southeast Asia
- Cultures and Religions of South and Southeast Asia
- Political and Social Structures in South and Southeast Asia
- Languages of South and Southeast Asia
- Subject-specific electives (to be taken in specified subject areas, e.g., history, cultural studies, gender studies.
- Open electives (intended in part to deepen career-related knowledge)
English is the language of instruction in some course offerings. More information in the study regulations for the MA Degree Program "Modern South and Southeast Asia Studies".